Victoria Falls Anti Poaching Unit
The Victoria Falls Anti-Poaching Unit is a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of our local wildlife and natural resources.
Surrounded by the Victoria Falls National Park, the town of Victoria Falls is located in one of the most beautiful environments on earth, with unspoilt expanses of wilderness, abundant wildlife and spectacular settings, drawing tourists from around the world.
However with the beauty of the location comes with some heavy burdens of human and animal conflict. VFAPU tries to ease some of the burdens by protecting the wildlife and habitat from poacher pressure (subsistence and commercial), as well rescue and rehabilitate animals injured by human interference. Additionally, we try to train and find employment for ex-poachers so that they have a sustainable income without doing harm to flora and fauna. Education is also important, and VFAPU and its partners try to reach children at an early age through school and community awareness programs.
Charles Brightman – VFAPU Founder
VFAPU invites you to take a tour through our website to see the work we are doing:
- Learn the history of the unit through our About Us section, and meet The Team
- Commercial Poaching takes a look at high level poaching of ivory, skins, and meat which are sold on a commercial basis, often internationally, to make money
- Find out how illegal poaching impacts on the wider ecology of the region under the Environmental Poaching section
- Subsistence Poaching shows you how local people are poaching animals and trees for food and firewood
- We also show you how we try to rescue the wildlife we do find that has been injured or is sick due to human interference in our Rescue and Rehabilitation section
- VFAPU works hard to educate the community and find employment for ex-poachers – see our Education section
- See the large number of local comapnies and organisations which support our work in our Partners section
- Finally please see how you can help save wildlife and the local habitat in our Donate section.
August 25, 2015
Thanks for visiting VFAPU. This is where you will get information about the AUCTION of...
August 24, 2015
VFAPU is an active participant in the fight against poaching. Most people assume that...
August 14, 2015
Conservation organisations on the ground face a number of threats on a day to...
August 3, 2015
Statement form the Zimbabwe National Parks Management Authority regarding the incident with Cecil the...